Desert Gardening or landscaping is now a growing trend throughout the world because it is not complicated as it seems. In fact this would surely grow into a whole new hobby in your spare time or it could even be a source of income in the near future. Dessert gardening is ideal for those people who love desert plants, or want toFind beauty in the Fall at their home. It is also ideal for anyone who wishes to experiment with a very exotic concept or wants to transform their outdoor into a stunning desert garden. Sounds very interesting right? So if you want to try this kind of venture just follow these simple steps and enjoy your gardening with the help of any Miracle-Gro products that would surely make your dessert gardening very successful and produce very healthy plants.
- Make a wooden square compartment and fill it with the right amount of soil and other essentials for the healthy growth of your plants. Try using these Miracle-Gro® Potting Mix that is Ideal for all types of container or potted plants. It feeds plants for up to 6 months with Miracle-Gro Continuous Release Plant Food. It is rich, organic materials that will help improve drainage and air flow.
- Always consider the kind of soil you will be using and wind direction, and then choose an area in your garden where it will be protected from too much wind.
- Desert soil is alkaline so you must add additives so that the soil can hold sufficient water for the plant.
- The next step is to put any desert plants in your garden that will survive in your area and climate as well. Here is the list of a few plants that are ideal for desert landscaping and for any kind of climates: Lamb’s Ear, Fairy Duster, Pampas Grass, Purple Sage, and Yarrow Plant.
- Last but not the least, to maintain your plants and keep them healthy pour a small amount of water on them every other day. The rainfall may be enough because no watering is necessary.
For more information about the right supplement or additives that is ideal for your plants or to get addition tips for any type of gardening like Fall gardening. Simply ‘like’ theMiracle-Gro Facebook page where you can talk with other fellow gardeners and share stories.